Emily TanD.O. Request An Appointment
- Sports Injuries
- Upper Extremity
Dr. Emily Tan is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in providing surgical and nonsurgical care for a variety of common and complex hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder problems. Dr. Tan joined Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron in 2021.
After receiving her undergraduate degree in biological sciences and neurophysiological biology at the University of California in Davis, Dr. Tan earned her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific in Pomona, California. She went on to complete an internship at Delaware County Memorial Hospital in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, before completing her orthopedic surgery residency at Kettering Health Network in Dayton, Ohio. After her residency, Dr. Tan underwent extensive fellowship training in hand and upper extremity surgery at the Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center and Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In her free time, Dr. Tan serves as the CEO and founder of White Coat Coaching, where she produces an orthopedic podcast as well as coaches and provides online courses for students interested in orthopedics. She also enjoys skydiving.
- Undergraduate: University of California, Davis, CA, 2008
- Medical School: College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Pomona, CA, 2014
- Internship: Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Drexel Hill, PA, 2014 – 2015
- Residency: Kettering Health Network, Dayton, OH, 2015 – 2020
- Fellowship: Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA, 2020 – 2021
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- The American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
Practice Website: www.oaph.com